Sunday, February 19, 2006

What Really Matters


I just returned from a worldwind tour to N.C., S.C. and Ohio to see family and friends before departing for Iraq on Tuesday. I've been making my list of things to do before I leave, things to pack, etc. One of my lists is called "what really matters," and is my way of prioritizing what is absolutely necessary to get the job done, like, for instance, cameras. Mrs. Griggs, my fourth grade teacher once called me "The Absentminded Professor" for my ability to catelogue wholly worthless information while forgetting where I left my backpack. So, I make lists. The problem is, I'm also a procrastinator and this applies even to my list making. In the process of making my lists tonight I realized I hadn't dumped the images on my camera's memory card to my computer. On it, I found pictures of my sister, Stacy's, triplets during a tea party. Emma and Eliza are shown here... or is it Eliza and Emma? I'm reminded that THIS is what really matters. Guess who's going on the list (as soon as I find it.) I'll miss you guys.

No comments: